Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Feel the burn


After taking some time to play the game, 
I realized something. 
It was long overdue for some new rugs!

For promotional shots, I use a lot of my own objects, 
but for my game, I use objects from all over the place.

Inspired by fellow creators AlexPilgrim and LemonJelly,
who's rugs enrich my own game,
I wanted to introduce a new set of contemporary rugs.
My search for new styles unearthed something unexpected.
A nod to my love of modern art and design,
I had found some rugs by some great names in art/fashion/design history.

Meanwhile, my real life rugs were just coming back from the cleaners.
I have mentioned before that Katie the cat prefers the rugs above the hardwood floors
for when she needs to hork up something,
but what I found while housebreaking Laika is that
she too had a fond eye for my kilim rugs.
She managed to use each of them to comfort her paws while relieving herself.
Good dog!
Bitch.

Today I bring to you three new rugs in two sizes each.
4x3 and 2x3 - in your choice of format
AND patched or unpatched.
phew! That's a lot of choices!

Includes styles from Picasso, Dali, Pierre Cardin, Marc Saint Saens, Agam, Panton


And speaking of Laika . . . 
my friend annyway made a sim Laika for me

all photos in grid by annyway
and we would both love for you to have her in your game to enjoy
and possible tinkle on your kilim rugs:
Laika.
Laika!
LAIKA! NO NO!
I can't have ANYTHING nice.

While I am cleaning this up, 
take a look at some decorating ideas:
In your formal sitting room,
In your playboy's bachelor pad,
In your log cabin in Apaloosa Plains,
In your arty warehouse apartment,
or your monochromatic lounge.
This is a huge file to download - about 39mb.
It holds six rugs - three styles in two sizes both formats
DOWNLOAD
And DON'T forget Laika!
Download Laika at going to do it annyway
(Download some nice art while you are at it!!)

CC Credits (if uncredited, item could be base game/ep/store or found on this site elsewhere)
photo 1: sofa, coffee table, shelving - Awesims / Chair - eyrt96 / Butterflies - Apple / Art Rocking Horse - Anglea
photo 4: Sofa - Awesims / Chair - sasilia / Shelving - cmomoney / Puddles - Cyclonesue
photo 7: coffee table - Roan
photo 8: Fireplace, plant - Simpossible / Vase - Mango / Coffee table - Gosik / Jack lamp - eyrt96 / Pole lamp - Awesims
photo 9: Door - cmomoney / Kettle, Chicken - cashcraft / Antlers - MKStuff / Box table - Exotic Elements / Side table - nanu
photo 10: Eye plates - AlexPilgrim / Hanging and Floor lamp - Awesims / Chairs - eddielle
photo 11: Sofa, sculpture - ATS3, Chaise - Stylist Sims / #5 Art - cbatkinson73 / side table - simpossible

19 comments:

  1. These are great - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric these are absolutely perfect! I am just redecorating a new home and these are just what I needed. Kilim rugs forever! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rugs have gone right into my Appaloosa Plains cabin, and they look AWESOME! I love love love them. Laika is so incredibly cute, I may have to add her to the household, too. :) You captured some great shots of her (just like you have with the real dog). I also really love your decorating ideas...those eye plates over the lips sofa are brilliant! LOL! Thank you as always for bringing more awesomeness to my game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous rugs and Laika is so adorable. Oh my God. The rugs are beautiful. In desperate need of rugs at the moment as i took all mine out. Thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rugs, as always. I seem to have an unhealthy addiction to your rugs. ^_^

    Thank you!

    PS These are my first pieces of Post-Pets CC--I have to admit I was going through a bit of withdrawl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these rugs! Just what I need for my EA furniture. (Ack, have resorted back to EA for now)

    Laika is a total darling, so adorable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone - it was nice to return to the thing I started my whole blog with! I think I will always have a weakness for rugs :)

    Isn't Laika awesome? Anny did a wonderful job and some of the expressions are so dead on! She keeps me laughing in real life and now in the game!

    I should have all pets patched items by weeks end - I am halfway done (most of the art and early objects including that EA bed I retextured) just need to finish the fixes so I can re-link everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God your game looks almost real lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I can only hope to have my rooms look like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These rugs are absolutely fantastic! I built my entire living room around one of them because I was determined to use it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love! Said it before, and I'll say it again, you can never have to many rugs! <3 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone :) It is nice to get some new rugs to play with in game! Hope you all find these useful - I am loving the kilims in Apaloosa Plains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're so beautiful, thank you! And it was you who inspired me to make rugs (or create anything, actually) in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. towed your creations ... the choice of carpet each time am happy ... beautiful ... thank you
    discover my blog
    www.thesims3house.etoile-blogpost.com and especially my youtube channel etoile060810 ... I would love to see you
    kiss from Paris to you and Laika ...
    sorry for my English and I post certainly is not where ... ah-ah-ah

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’ve only just discovered your site and absolutely love it!

    Could you tell me where the black 5 picture in the monochromatic lounge is from? I’d love to download it, but have scoured the site can’t find it (possibly because I keep being distracted by finding other gorgeous objects to download instead).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks clairemcw!

    I have that credited above in the CC links: picture #11 - it's from TSR's cbatkinson73 . . . such a simple but powerful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the reply. One day, perhaps, I’ll learn to read!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been looking for some nice mods, and the ones I've found have all been huge. Thanks so much for having the different sizes! I LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...